- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut milk ice cubes
- 1/2 cup frozen, or fresh! coconut meat (I find frozen at whole foods)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
FOR THE RAINBOW FRUIT:
- red: strawberries, raspberries, pluots
- orange: peaches, mango
- yellow: banana, pineapple
- green: kiwi, fresh mint
- blue: blueberries
- indigo: dark plums
- violet: blackberries, black raspberries
- shredded coconut for topping
To make the coconut milk ice cubes, fill an ice cube mold with coconut milk! Freeze overnight. Slice and prep your fruit before you make the smoothie.
Blend together the coconut milk, bananas, coconut milk ice cubes, coconut meat, hemp seeds, shredded coconut and honey. You want it to be thick so it can be scooped into a bowl, much like an acai bowl or banana “ice cream.” This works best with a high powered blender.
Once the smoothie is in the bowl, layer on your fruit in the rainbow pattern. Cover with shredded coconut. Serve immediately!
Jessica is the recipe creator found in her book The Pretty Dish. 'More than 150 Everyday Recipes and 50 Beauty DIYs to Nourish Your Body Inside and Out'.